We care deeply about your privacy. As such, we want you to feel both secure and safe as you interact with us. We take your privacy and all information that you share with us seriously. Your information will not be sold or shared with other third parties except as noted below. This serves as our clear statement to all users that we are committed to transparent and fair data collection practices.
What We Collect
We collect information from you when you use features of our site in a number of ways including registering on our site, using site features, placing an order, subscribing to our service or newsletter, responding to a survey or completing surveys and any other forms. Specific data collected includes:
1. Information You Give Us. We collect name, associated student(s), associated SumoSum Group(s), postal address, time zone, email address, social media channels, phone number, password, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site. For the purpose of providing an educational experience, we also collect names associated with SumoSum Group(s), associated SumoSum Team(s), postal address, time zone, email address, social media channels, phone number, password. Once active within the Site, you have the options of adding and changing your profile picture and background image, but neither are required. The primary utility of Site is for users to work individually or collaboratively on financial modeling projects, thus numerical variables, footnotes, comments and messaging are key points of information contributed to user projects. In the event that a user leaves a team project, content contributed by the user remains part of the team’s content however the user’s identity will be removed from all areas including association with team content. Users may also download PNG and PDF graphic files of charts and reports generated in projects.
2. Information We Get From Others. We may receive and add information about you from other sources.
3. Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log user activity in the Site such as device used, computer operating system, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages viewed, how long spent on a page, access times and information about Site use and actions such as project numeric variable entry.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information collected from you to:
- personalize your experience.
- improve, operate and maintain this Site and associated services.
- process transactions.
- administer Site challenges, surveys and other site features.
- respond to comments, questions and provide customer service.
- send information including confirmations, notifications, updates, security alerts, invoices and support and administrative messages.
- communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about the Site and products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- associate or combine user information with other personal information.
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- create aggregation insight reports containing non-personally identifiable user information that do not divulge specific individual user identities or content.
Sharing of Personal Information
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company or entity for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than our sharing personal information in the following ways to:
- trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, under the condition that such parties agree to keep your information confidential.
- comply with lawful requests, legal processes, enforce our Site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property or safety.
- share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others such as through aggregated insight reports.
- execute or negotiate the transfer or sales of all or a part of our assets or entity including but not limited to any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- share your personal information, but only with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with other sites. All requests to share information with others about your child are explicitly prohibited unless specific parental approval is received.
Information Choices & Changes
You have a number of information control options in our Site including:
- You may edit and/or delete your account and/or specific settings information including: name, associated SumoSum Group(s), postal address, time zone, email address, social media channels, phone number, password, demographic information (such as your gender and ethnic background) as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
- You may also edit and/or delete your account and/or specific settings information including: name, associated SumoSum Group(s), associated SumoSum Team(s), postal address, time zone, email address, social media channels, phone number, password, association with project teams.
- You may “opt-out” of marketing emails. If you opt-out, we may still send non-marketing emails such as notifications about your account and our business dealings with you.
- You can remove and reject our Site’s cookies through your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. Note however, if you remove or reject our cookies, Site performance may be affected.
Protection of Data
While no website or application can guarantee security, we implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit or access your personal information. We use a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into a payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Your Consent & Terms of Service